Feature matrix for the big 3 PTA apps

An outgrowth of hledger and Ledger - hledger , now with Beancount included and moved to pta.o:

https://plaintextaccounting.org/#feature-matrix

It's my current best understanding, and aims to be neutral; suggestions for improvement welcome!

2 Likes

That’s a great overview. Two things occurred to me as I read it:

• I think hledger’s output formats are missing JSON.
  • Although it would be complicated, I think breaking the commands into individual comparisons would be more helpful than listing the names. It’s hard to tell what it means for one application to have a particular command and the other not. Perhaps common commands could have their own rows and other commands could be dumped in, well, an ‘other commands’ row.

I’d like to eventually suggest adding my own hledger-web-rs to the list of web UIs for hledger, but it’s not ready for that yet. :grimacing:

1 Like

Your project sounds good! Any working demo or perhaps screenshots? I was writing something similar with Go and I'd love to take a look what others do

Thank you. To your question, yes, see below for some screenshots that I should probably add to the README. There’s no hosted demo yet, but you can run the project as described in the README (natively or with Docker).

The main register

An account register

A report